Sunday, July 15, 2012

Your cooking can taste good!

My cooking usually consisted of heating up an Ellios pizza and pouring a side of ranch to dip. The pizza's would never fill me up which means there is usually a half a sandwich or bowl of cereal added to the meal. I would just keep going to the fridge and grabbing whatever I could pop in my mouth just to feel full. I calculated the weight watchers points used for those dinners and its embarrassing how much I would use. The things I grabbed were for bad for me, and used up some serious points. If your not familiar with the system, weight watchers gives you a certain amount of points a day you can use and everything you eat has points. It's serious amounts of fun believe me.

I needed a solution to my problem.  What I came up with was that I needed to learn to cook. But for me, it's not worth spending the time and money on something unless its mouth wateringly delicious. So I  needed to learn how to cook good food and cook it well. Cook books help and so does lots of practice and knowing what you like to eat.

You can find these in any grocery store
Since learning to cook, or should I say prepare food, I've discovered a few staples I love and that are easy to make.
Mrs. T's Pierogies are amazing and so easy to make! This is how I make them:
1. Heat up some Olive oil in a pan on the oven.
2. Slice up some mushrooms and onions and saute in the pan for a few minutes until they start to brown.
3. Add the pierogies and cover.
4. Flip and stir the pierogies every few minutes until all the way heated through.

Depending on what flavor pierogie you buy, it is also delicious when you add some garlic to the mix. It so easy and looks and tastes like something you could get at a restaurant. 

These go great with everything; chicken, steak, fish you name it! I cooked these babies up with some flank steak and steamed broccoli. Soooooo good!

The sauce on the steak was real simple too. All I did was chop up some olives and sun dried tomatoes and heat in some beef broth until the tomatoes become soft and your done!

I am so proud of myself for being able to prepare such a delicious meal. The best part is this dinner was about 12 weight watchers points and it fills you up good!



I am seriously one of the laziest people you will ever meet. That is why I hate to cook, mainly because I just don't feel like it. But believe me this meal was super easy and worth it because of how good it tasted!

I have a list of the ingredients below, just pick these items up and get to work!

Flank Steak
Broccoli
Pierogies
Onion
Mushrooms
Oil
Garlic if you want
Olives
Beef Broth
Sun Dried Tomatoes

Below are pictures of some ingredients so you know what to look for.

           




No comments:

Post a Comment